Parents » 2021-2022 Registration and Enrollment

2021-2022 Registration and Enrollment

Returning students are already enrolled in their school for next year and should NOT complete the New Student Enrollment process. For existing students, the schools will notify parents this summer when the Student Data Verification process in Skyward is open and they can complete the forms for the 2021-2022 school year. If a student has an address change that will impact their zoned school for 2021-2022, they should contact the new school — but should not complete a New Student Enrollment. 
If a student is new to RCS but has a sibling already attending an RCS school, the parents will enroll using their existing Skyward account. Go under the Skyward Family Access area of Skyward and then the tab for New Student Online Enrollment. 
Families who are new to RCS will need to use the link below for New Student Online Enrollment to create a Skyward account and then complete the enrollment process.
New Student Enrollment Portal
NOTE: If your child has been approved for a zone exemption, for the section that requires proof of residence, you must upload a copy of this year's approval letter, or for past years, upload a note so the school can verify the zone exemption is on file. 
** Translation services are available. If needed, contact the ESL Center at (615) 890-5728.
Los servicios de traduccion estan disponibles. Si es necesario, comuniquese con el Centro de ESL al (615) 890-5728.


Documents parents should have for registration:

  • Birth certificate or other official record of birth (TN birth certificates can be obtained by calling the Rutherford County Health Department at 615-898-7880)
  • Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization* 
  • Proof of residence **
  • Current proof of custody of the child if parents are divorced, separated or unmarried.

*A list of all health requirements can be found HERE. To get a Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization, parents should contact their child's health care provider or the Health Department to schedule an appointment for a kindergarten physical. At that time, any additional shots that may be needed will be given to meet state requirements for entrance into school and a Certificate of Immunization will be issued.

** Proof of residence is current utility billselectric, gas or waterwith the parent's name and address printed on it. If parents have not been living at the residence long enough to have a utility bill, a lease on a house or apartment will be accepted, or you can get a statement from the utility company showing you have started service at the specific address.

Detailed information on immunizations can be found HERE.