CLICK THE LINK THAT SAYS ART CLUB APPLICATION DIRECTLY BELOWTO FILL OUT THE FORM
Art Club Application
Please read all requirements and details before submitting your application!
- Must follow all school rules for behavior during meetings
- Commit to attending meetings on Tuesdays 3:15-4:15
- Must have a ride ready to pick up at 4:15 pm at the car rider pick up/drop off area (students must have their ride waiting in the back parking lot by 4:15. All students must be picked up by 4:30, or it will be considered a late pick-up.
- Willing to set goals and make progress towards those goals during meetings
- Parents must join the Art Club Remind after the first meeting (students who join will receive the information at the first meeting
Art Dues: $40 to take part in OPEN STUDIO days-Open Studio will be every Tuesday 3:15-4:15 (beginning September 7th). DUES COVER THE SUPPLIES FOR THE WHOLE YEAR OF ART CLUB.
In addition, Mrs. Welker will host 4 special workshops: Tye Dye T-Shirts, Ornament Painting (ceramics), Paint and Soda, and Paint Pouring. These workshops are $10 a piece, which covers the extra supplies and expenses. You can choose to take part in all of them or select workshops you want to do the most. Workshops will be 2 hours long from 3:15-5:15. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY FOR THESE NOW, YOU CAN DECIDE LATER IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE.
Tentative Workshop Dates and Information:
Workshops are offered to art club students first, but after the registration period for art club, workshops will be offered to other students as well—reserve your space early!
Ceramics-Tuesday, October 26th
Description: Students will learn basic ceramic techniques and create an ornament or decoration (not holiday specific) and then paint it using clay paints. Firing will be complete before Winter Break
Paint and Soda –Tuesday, December 14th
Description: Students will follow along step by step to create a winter themed painting and enjoy a soda of their choice during our “paint party”
Tie Dye–Tuesday, February 15
Description: Students will learn basic tie dying techniques and create their own t-shirts or bandanas
TUESDAY, April 19TH Paint Pouring
Description: Student will earn about mixing acrylic paints to create fluid paint formulas that flow and morph depending on the technique used. Students will learn 3 basic paint pouring techniques and complete on 8x10 canvas painting. Paintings must dry 3 weeks before picking up.